Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

do you remember Buck Crowdis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you remember Buck Crowdis

Hello,
    My grandfather, Buck Crowdis, served two tours in Vietnam. I am trying to make a scrapbook for him and was trying to find old battle pics and stories. If you can help me, that would be great.
    Sincerely,
    Shonda Little

Buck Crowdis

Shonda,

I recall your Granddad very well. We served together with HMM-163 in Vietnam in 1965. I was the junior pilot in the squadron and Buck was one of the senior captains. I was on the same mission in a different helicopter when he was wounded on March 31, 1965.

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal pictures to add to your scrapbook. All I have is the HMM-163 cruise book for that time and a copy of the Life magazine article about the March 31 mission. I imagine Buck has his copy of the cruise book but let me know if you would like me to copy some pictures out of it.

Paul Gregoire

Comment

Buck Crowdis

Ms Little. I did not know your GrandFather, but know he was a Gung-Ho Marine. He had to be for 2 tours in Vietnam. Glad for him, as I was Retired after the 1st 20 month tour there. It would have been good for a second, but was not to be. He had to have flown on the H-34's, as the 46 didn't get in-country until late '64 or so. Not sure of the dates again. Glad he Flew. To start the 46, we had to start the Auxilary Power Unit, refered to as the APP. so, Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
      X