Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Looking for info on LCP Benny Glen Hack USMC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info on LCP Benny Glen Hack USMC

My name is Sharon Hack Moore. I am looking for any information on my brother LCP Benny G. Hack. He was WIA at Hiep Duc RVN on November 19,1965.Was evac to 85th MedEvacHosp Oui Nhon RVN, later ecav to Clark AB Philippine Islands,resulting in his death on Novenber 25,1965. From what I understand he was in the vicinity of Chu Lai Republic of Vietnam. He was with the VMO-6 MAG-36 1st MAW FMF Pac FPO SFran.

If anyone knew my brother and is willing to talk to me about him I would really appreciate talking to you .

Sharon Hack Moore

The catalyst for my becoming a Marine

Sharon, You won't likely remember me, but I met you (and Benny) when he was home on leave from "Boot Camp" in Waco, in the summer of 1964. I met you both (and Benny's twin brother, Lynn) through a mutual freind, Freddy Spiegel. Benny was truly one of those 'larger-than-life' characters who had an impact on everyone around him. The startling changes in Benny, mentioned by everyone who'd known him before he became a Marine were impressive, and the sort of changes I needed to make, as well. I never served with Benny, but his death was one of the main reasons I left the Naval Reserve in 1966 and joined the Corps. I've written a bit about him and the effect he had on me, that I'd be glad to share with you. If you'll look elsewhere on this website under Prose & Poetry, you'll find a poem entitled "The Wall revisited...." Benny is listed in the dedication. I hope you and yours are well.

Semper Fidelis,
    Curt "Sully" Sullenberger
    Last edited by accs; 07-14-2008, 12:44.

Comment

Working...
    X