Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Buno 153994

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buno 153994

Buno 153994 is still serving our country out here in Iraq. I am with HMM-364 and we just took over the mission and accepted the birds. I saw that this Buno was originally with HMM 364 in Vietnam in 1968 and 1969. It was listed under "Damage Report Extracts" as modex 21. I was wondering if anyone else has any information about this Buno. Also, as a tribute to those who have gone before us, Buno 153994 will be re-modex to 21, and it will serve as the CO's bird.

Semper Fi,
    Capt Pooler

john.pooler@acemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

Early History

Accepted on charge at Morton on the 18th of September 1967.
    To HMM-364 on the 22nd of Sept, 1967, coded YK-21.
    To H&MS 16 COSA on the 24th of Dec 1970.
    To HMM-262 on the 1st of May 1971.
    To MARTD Whidbey Island on the 30th of Nov 1971, coded "MN-411"

Comment

buno 153994

This a/c was in HMM-162 between 1978 and 1981 that I personally know of, and I'm sure it was there after 1981 for a while. It was YS-04, an old "D" model that was converted to an "E" in 1978 or 79. I was the assigned crew chief on it for the deployment to gitmo in Oct-Nov 1979. I also had it on the med cruise from 1980-1981. It's nice to know that it is still flying.....
      Last edited by MJK59; 10-19-2007, 00:17. Reason: adding information..........thanks

Comment

Working...
      X