Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Help to Identify re: Operation Hastings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to Identify re: Operation Hastings

From Joe Holt, India 3/5 '66:

I dunno why it's taken me this long to realize that you are the guys I should ask. This photo is from Operation Hastings when India Company was in the middle of getting their wounded lifted out. 25 July 66. I know who each guy is in the pic except the guy holding the bandaged guy, and he seems to be one of your guys who dropped down to assist. Please spread the pic around to your guys and see if we can get a name.

Anyone that may know who this is, please contact me so we can help him out.

For a larger view of the picture: http://www.hmm-363.us/theden/showthread.php?p=302#post302

Brook Stevenson
    9/'67 - 10/'68

Re: Help to Identify re: Operation Hastings

It looks a lot like Chuck Patrum, a Crew Chief in 164....we were at Menphis together. You might want to show it to the 164 guys.

Comment

Anything is possible... these Marines from the Bn distinctly remember at that time that 363 was their support squadron so have kept in touch with us. They are pretty sure it was one of the crew from one of the birds holding the bandaged Marine and you may be correct, but you might forward the link to them so see if they know for sure. I wasn't there yet so can't help that is why the post here.

Thanks for the reply.

Brook Stevenson
      9/'67 - 10/'68

Comment

The crew member looks very familiar to me,but I cannot put a name to the face. I believe he was a crew chief attached to HMM 164. Have contacted a few of my friends from '164 & hope to identify the individual pictured. The unit was heavily involved with Hastings. Will keep advised.
        Craze
        Last edited by mecollins; 08-03-2012, 13:07.
        S/F,Mike
        TAKE NO PRISONERS.,SHOW NO MERCY.
        DEATH SMILES AT EVERYONE...,MARINES SMILE BACK...

Comment

Thanks... please keep us advised.

S/F

Brook

Brook Stevenson
          9/'67 - 10/'68

Comment

Working...
          X