Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Larry Spazafumo (Spaz)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Spazafumo (Spaz)

Hi. My name is Larry Spazafumo Jr. (AKA Michael Spazafumo) and I wanted to let HMM-263 know that my father Larry Spazafumo Sr. passed away November 2008.
    He was a Marine until the end and we buried him in Jacksonville, NC where he stayed after being medically discharged from the Marine Corp due to a back injury sustained in Vietnam. He said there are two engines on the helicopter and a newbie pilot was flying and one of the engines when out and he accidently turned off the good engine so they went into a hillside and everyone walked away; however, after returning to Jacksonville and not working out as much as he had to in Vietnam the back injury showed up (compressed and slipped disk) forced him out. I know this really sucked for him as he wanted to be a Marine forever and essentially was for the rest of his life.

I am wondering if anyone has pictures of my dad from Vietnam. He served from 1965 to 1966 (I was born 1968) in HMM263. I also have pictures I can send you; however, I have no idea which photos are from HMM263 so I will have to send them all.

You can reach me via e-mail at mikespaz@att.net as I will not be using popasmoke.com for communications.

Thanks,

Michael Spazafumo

R.i.p. Larry

Mike,
    I have not met your father but I have corresponded with him over the last few years, exchanging e-mails. He was always helpful when I had any questions regarding any Marines (HMM-263) living in the Jacksonville and surrounding area.

He always kept me informed on the coming and goings of HMM-263 and VMM-263 who's home base is New River.

I'm sure he will be missed not only by his immediate family but also by his Marine Corps family as well.

RIP Larry

S/F Gary
    HMM-263 '66-'67

Comment

Working...
    X