Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

March,1972 Kobe,Japan , USS Tripoli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March,1972 Kobe,Japan , USS Tripoli

March, 1972- Kobe, Japan, USS Tripoli -

1972, USS TRIPOLI / LPH-10, Kobe, Japan .

Were you onboard the USS TRIPOLI / LPH-10, March 11,1972 thru March 20,1972 , while the TRIPOLI was at KOBE, Japan.
    If you were please call or write or E-mail me.
    I was hit by a taxi cab. In Kobe,Japan during the daylight. (They drive on the wrong side of the road) And have had AMNISIA up until 2003 because of that. And know I only have BRAIN DAMAGE !! ONLY!! I have had a V.A. claim for the past 3 years. I have 7 or 8 letters from people that remember it happening, but , I need a letter from some of the people that saw it happen or the Marines that helped me back to the ship. And letters from the Marines and sailors that knew me after it happened. I was flown off the ship in April, May or June 1972 (I donít know for sure) . And went to the Hospital in Subic Bay ( Cubi Point ). Then was sent to Fatema, Okinawa. Then sent to Treasure Island, San Francisco, Calif., and discharged.
    At Treasure Island they told me that they were going to give me a Medical Discharge. (Iíd only heard of a Honorable discharge and a Dishonorable discharge). So I asked if I qualified for a Honorable discharge, and he said ,ďyesĒ! And I said I wanted a Honorable Discharge. Thatís what I got.
    My Brain was broken, I didnít know that I should have gotten a Medical dischargeÖ
    The Squadrons of helicopters that were onboard was HMM-165, HML-367, HMH-463, VMO-06. I think I have the HMH and VMO numbers right. We had Huey's, Cobera's, 46's, 53's, and OV-10's.
    But, I was the only one that was hit by a taxi !!!
    Please contact me . If you call, Iíll get your phone number and CALL YOU BACK SO YOU WONĒT HAVE A BIG PHONE CALL BILL.
    I was in Flight Equipment shop, Paraloft, Squadron Barber shop.
    I was CPL. (E-4) AL (tim) HALSETH. From Minnesota, Wisconsin .
    E-mail , A3L@centurytel.net
    Phone home 1 870 424 3074
    Phone cell 1 870 405 1969
    Present home address
    AL Halseth
    885 C.R. 486
    Mountain Home, Arkansas,
    Also if you know of or the were abouts of any of the following people please let me know. Lt. Commander McDaniels USN Squadron Flight Surgeon.
    Maj. D.M.Griffary, Maj. C.R. Upshaw, 1st Sgt. H.E. Cowan, Maj. T.A. Goldsborough, 1st Lt. T.C. Guarinot, 1st Lt. Jim Byrd, 1st Lt. Steve Ward, CWO Charlie Whitaker, MGySgt. H.C. Chaffin, MSgt. J.B.Harvey, SSgt. R.O. Jacks, Sgt. W.E. Ford, Sgt. Miner, Sgt. B.K. Thompson, Sgt. W.E. Westerfield, Sgt. N.G. Spiewak, Sgt. R.A. Newcom, Sgt. S.W. Gordon, Cpl. R.W. Thompson, Cpl. R.D. Miller, Cpl. S.A. Napierkoski, Cpl. P.D. Lewis, Cpl. M.O. Blackstone, Cpl. L.R. Thomason, Cpl. J.C. Griffin, Cpl. J. Mullinex, Cpl/ M. Morman, Cpl. W.G. Ford, Cpl. J.B. Gwen, Cpl. A.D. Costello, Cpl. C.S. Williamson, L/Cpl. T.E. Duncan, L/Cplís R.H.Good, G.C. Guardiola, D. Isler, A.T. Roy, J.M. Taylor, R.M. Languwski, W.B. King, J.D. Niven, Sampay, PFCís L.J. Whitney, D.B. Moody, S.D. Bowen, 1st Class Gary Hensell USN

I Have letters from, 1st Lt. Phil Berkerich, 1st Lt. Mike Stanton, Sgt, William (VAN) VanEtten, L/Cpl. J.J. Chlebus, and family members and friends, saying I didnít know my freinds and my wife. I left my wife 3 days after I saw her. I just didnít know her. It was weird. I have one V.A. Doctor that says Iíve had Amnias for 30 plus years, heís the one that told me I should put in a claim. A private Doctor. That says the same thing. The Tests show Iíve had brain damage to the right front temperal lobe of my brain. The VA just wants more letters saying they ,( saw, know of, heard of, saw me after, anything will help ). Iím losing my train of thought. Thanks Marines and sailors. AL

What I need is even a letter, saying you know of it , Heard of it, Remember hearing of it. All letters will help. Thanks AL

I Was With Hmm-165 And Aboard The Tripoli

IN 1968 ONLY...SORRY !

I LIVE IS GREENBRIER, ARK NOW AND MY PH IS 1-501-679-2167 ...NOT TO EARLY OR LATE PLEASE !!!

SFS
    WHEELS

Originally posted by alhalseth View Post
    March, 1972- Kobe, Japan, USS Tripoli -

1972, USS TRIPOLI / LPH-10, Kobe, Japan .

Were you onboard the USS TRIPOLI / LPH-10, March 11,1972 thru March 20,1972 , while the TRIPOLI was at KOBE, Japan.
    If you were please call or write or E-mail me.
    I was hit by a taxi cab. In Kobe,Japan during the daylight. (They drive on the wrong side of the road) And have had AMNISIA up until 2003 because of that. And know I only have BRAIN DAMAGE !! ONLY!! I have had a V.A. claim for the past 3 years. I have 7 or 8 letters from people that remember it happening, but , I need a letter from some of the people that saw it happen or the Marines that helped me back to the ship. And letters from the Marines and sailors that knew me after it happened. I was flown off the ship in April, May or June 1972 (I donít know for sure) . And went to the Hospital in Subic Bay ( Cubi Point ). Then was sent to Fatema, Okinawa. Then sent to Treasure Island, San Francisco, Calif., and discharged.
    At Treasure Island they told me that they were going to give me a Medical Discharge. (Iíd only heard of a Honorable discharge and a Dishonorable discharge). So I asked if I qualified for a Honorable discharge, and he said ,ďyesĒ! And I said I wanted a Honorable Discharge. Thatís what I got.
    My Brain was broken, I didnít know that I should have gotten a Medical dischargeÖ
    The Squadrons of helicopters that were onboard was HMM-165, HML-367, HMH-463, VMO-06. I think I have the HMH and VMO numbers right. We had Huey's, Cobera's, 46's, 53's, and OV-10's.
    But, I was the only one that was hit by a taxi !!!
    Please contact me . If you call, Iíll get your phone number and CALL YOU BACK SO YOU WONĒT HAVE A BIG PHONE CALL BILL.
    I was in Flight Equipment shop, Paraloft, Squadron Barber shop.
    I was CPL. (E-4) AL (tim) HALSETH. From Minnesota, Wisconsin .
    E-mail , A3L@centurytel.net
    Phone home 1 870 424 3074
    Phone cell 1 870 405 1969
    Present home address
    AL Halseth
    885 C.R. 486
    Mountain Home, Arkansas,
    Also if you know of or the were abouts of any of the following people please let me know. Lt. Commander McDaniels USN Squadron Flight Surgeon.
    Maj. D.M.Griffary, Maj. C.R. Upshaw, 1st Sgt. H.E. Cowan, Maj. T.A. Goldsborough, 1st Lt. T.C. Guarinot, 1st Lt. Jim Byrd, 1st Lt. Steve Ward, CWO Charlie Whitaker, MGySgt. H.C. Chaffin, MSgt. J.B.Harvey, SSgt. R.O. Jacks, Sgt. W.E. Ford, Sgt. Miner, Sgt. B.K. Thompson, Sgt. W.E. Westerfield, Sgt. N.G. Spiewak, Sgt. R.A. Newcom, Sgt. S.W. Gordon, Cpl. R.W. Thompson, Cpl. R.D. Miller, Cpl. S.A. Napierkoski, Cpl. P.D. Lewis, Cpl. M.O. Blackstone, Cpl. L.R. Thomason, Cpl. J.C. Griffin, Cpl. J. Mullinex, Cpl/ M. Morman, Cpl. W.G. Ford, Cpl. J.B. Gwen, Cpl. A.D. Costello, Cpl. C.S. Williamson, L/Cpl. T.E. Duncan, L/Cplís R.H.Good, G.C. Guardiola, D. Isler, A.T. Roy, J.M. Taylor, R.M. Languwski, W.B. King, J.D. Niven, Sampay, PFCís L.J. Whitney, D.B. Moody, S.D. Bowen, 1st Class Gary Hensell USN

I Have letters from, 1st Lt. Phil Berkerich, 1st Lt. Mike Stanton, Sgt, William (VAN) VanEtten, L/Cpl. J.J. Chlebus, and family members and friends, saying I didnít know my freinds and my wife. I left my wife 3 days after I saw her. I just didnít know her. It was weird. I have one V.A. Doctor that says Iíve had Amnias for 30 plus years, heís the one that told me I should put in a claim. A private Doctor. That says the same thing. The Tests show Iíve had brain damage to the right front temperal lobe of my brain. The VA just wants more letters saying they ,( saw, know of, heard of, saw me after, anything will help ). Iím losing my train of thought. Thanks Marines and sailors. AL

What I need is even a letter, saying you know of it , Heard of it, Remember hearing of it. All letters will help. Thanks AL

Comment

Working...
    X