Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Looking for Capt Burns and Corp Mortimer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Capt Burns and Corp Mortimer

Hello,

My name is Tara, and I'm working with the National Museum of the Marine Corps. I am currently looking for photos of the members of Team Box Score, and I am having trouble locating photos of the 2 aviators from HMM-163 Capt Burns and Corp Mortimer. If I knew their first names, I may be able to find a service record photo. Does anyone know of any photos of these 2 gentlemen, or have contact with either of their families?

Thank you for your time,

Tara O'Boyle

Burns & Mortimer

Tara, in 1956/57 I was assigned to NATTC Memphis,involved in establishing an Helicopter course. There was a MSgt Walter Mortimer there ( Now deceased) . You ask about Aviators & included Corp Mortimer there were no Corporal Aviators since back in the 1930ies as enlisted pilots (NAPs). Were you talking about an operation back to the Korean era?? Mortimer was in Korea during the "Police action" in the early 50ies. Semper Fi Paul Moore

Comment

Capt Burns and Corp Mortimer

Dear Tara,

We had a Capt. Tom V. Burns in HMM-163 in 1967/1968 in Vietnam. He was a former Jet Jock that transitioned to helicopters and was assigned as our Maintenance Officer. If this is the same individual, I have a picture of him in our cruise book we had made up in 1968.

I can scan the picture and forward it to you if you think this is the same Captain Burns. Contact me at gordon2412@aol.com.

SF

Bernie Gordon
      Admin. Coordinator
      HMM-163

Comment

Working...
      X