Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Yp 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yp 13

Hello -

My name is Joseph F. Rosenberg. In 1962 is was Capt. USMC 075669, HAC serving with HMM 163. In the fall of 1962 I resigned my commission due to family medical necessity.

Can you direct me to a source to obtain the serial number of HUS-1 that gained notoriety as YP 13 in 1965?

Siember Fi,
    Joseph F. Rosenberg

Posted by Norm Urban

FYI

UH-34D, Bureau No. 148768, "YP-13" is on display
    at the National Air and Space Museum , Washington, D.C.
    Semper Fidelis

George T. Curtis

Comment

YP 13

The history of the aircraft at the museum is posted on the museum's website, specific page: http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero.../sikoruh34.htm
      I saw it at the museum a few years ago. It is a beautifully restored a/c and a real tribute to HMM-163, but doesn't look to be the historical YP-13 by the museum's records. Incidentally, I can't recall evil eyes on it at the time and don't detect them on the picture at the referenced page.

Lowell Johnson

Comment

I was a member of HMM-163 until about October 1965 when the big pilot mix- master went on. Evil Eyes were not on HMM-163 aircraft at that time.

Comment

YP 13

Hmm163 got the bird from hmm 365, I crewed it while we had it, when I got it in 1964 it was in the corner of the hanger at Danang the previous sqaudron had used it for parts, a real hanger queen, after we got it put back together it was a real good air craft. Got me through a lot of rough spots, as it did Farley

Comment

Working...
          X