Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

"Masters of the Art" Ron Winter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Masters of the Art" Ron Winter

I picked up a paperback "Masters of the Art" by Ron Winter that is all about HMM-161 as a 46 squadron going to Nam. So far I'm 121 pages into it at the part where they are flying as a squadron from New River to San Diego. Ron tells how they arrived as a squadron in formation forming 161. I'd like to see pictures of that formation, by the way the picture on the front cover is a ET bird (HMM-262) my in-country squadron. The book is great so far and I know it's going to remain great through out!
    Semper Fi,
    Tim McMahon HMM-262 65-67, RVN 66-67, HMM-162 68
    Semper Fi
    Tim

Hmm-161 (1951)

161 always remains as a historical marker in my mind. This reminded me of early 1951 while assigned to VMO-2 which we had just formed at LTA Santa Ana (MCAF later). HMM-161 embarked on a train from LTA to San Diego for their assignment in Korea. Had several friends in that group & we gathered to send them off. SF PM Should have qualified; The train embarked with personnel & Helicopter support equipment. The HRS-3 (H-19) helicopters of course flew to the ship at San Diego.
    Last edited by pm3777; 03-09-2006, 18:03. Reason: Helicopter Departure

Comment

3777 you are a salty piston pounder. I worked on Igors up until retirement in the civil world on S-76's.
      S/F
      Tim
      Semper Fi
      Tim

Comment

Working...
      X