Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

H & MS 16, late 1965, early 1966,Retired Gunnery Sgt. Royal J. Spurrier USMC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & MS 16, late 1965, early 1966,Retired Gunnery Sgt. Royal J. Spurrier USMC

Looking for information about H & MS 16, late 1965, early 1966.
    Retired Gunnery Sgt. Royal J. Spurrier USMC
    Thanks for your help.

Florence Hamil

fmhamil@infostations.com
    Semper Fidelis

George T. Curtis

H&MS-16

I worked for Gunny Spurrier ("we work half days around here, 12 hours") in Sub-unit H&MS-16 at Futenma, Okinawa in April of '65. I went down to H&MS-16 with part of the unit to join H&MS-16 Forward on 5 May 65. The good gunny came down with the rest of the troops shortly afterward and I worked for him at Danang and through the move to Marble Mountain. We parted company in November of '65 when I went to H&MS-36 and, ultimately, HMM-363 at Ky Ha. He was at Santa Ana (HMMT-302, I think) in May of '66 when I checked into HMMT-301. Actually they were HMM's at that time and the T was added later. Recall visiting back and forth and he must have retired during that time frame. Am anxious to know how he fared after retirement. Will reply to the e-mail address when I get home to my computer (wouldn't dream of doing personal business on my work computer!).

Lowell Johnson, '64 to '68

Comment

Working...
    X