Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

HMM-164 Flying Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMM-164 Flying Death

I have completed my book and it was a long time in coming. From 1965 to 1969 - was a changing time for this country. The title is - Flying Death - The Vietnam Experience. This book gives a different prospective of the war through the eyes of a crew chief.

Did the troops ever think about the crews of the choppers as we went through our flights? What did it take to keep the choppers flying or even get them off of the ground? Being a crew chief is the most responsible job that a person could have in their life. There were also many lessons that were learned about life during this time.

I thank my brothers that have read the book and for their comments. Thank you for the support and your faith in me, as I venture into this new territory of being an author. My HMM-164/262 families are alive and well.

Wish me luck in this new endeavor.

The book is available through a link in the book section of this site.

Good Luck!

Sam,
    Wish you the best with the book! How can I get a copy??
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

There is shortcut on Popasmoke at Freedom Hill PX -- Books

or

www.authorhouse.com - go to the book store and type in the book title

Thank you for the support

Comment

Just ordered Flying Death on line. Can't wait to read it. I also want to thank you for the time I know you spent in writing it - Semper Fi and Good Luck.
        [FONT="Arial"]Tom Shutt[/FONT]
        HMM-163 / VMO-2

Comment

Me too!!

My copy is enroute as well, Sam! Looking forward to it.....

My good friend Doug Morrison (HMM-262 HAC) and I have each written a few "chapters" of our own over the years. On RVN and stateside issues and general CH-46 "stuff". We haven't worked on it in a long time and need to get back to it. Probably need a few more chapters to call it "done". Maybe sooner rather than later.....
          Semper Fidelis
          Joe

Phu Bai tower:
          YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
          YW-11 BuNo-151939
          '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Sam,

Good luck with the book. My grandson likes to hear my stories about being a crew chief for HMM-164 in 1967. Now I can give him a book that I'm sure mirrors my experience.

Steve

Comment

Thank you

I really appreciate your support.

Everyone has a view point and we have a different insight to flying, fighting and war. We actually established the maintenance and flight procedures used in combat today. After forty plus years, the Phrog is still doing its job. We have a proud legacy for our younger Marines to follow.

As we get older the layers of dust on the brain gets deeper -- LOL -- Lets get our stories out. Nobody can tell our stories for us -- we have to do it.

Semper Fi

Comment

Book is in!

Just got the book and finished reading about Sam's first in-country flight! Good stuff, Sam! Thanks for sharing.
                Semper Fidelis
                Joe

Phu Bai tower:
                YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
                YW-11 BuNo-151939
                '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Flying Death

From Joe Reed,
                  By the way, I finished your book, and enjoyed it very much. Good job. May give me the impetus to get mine back in gear, before I FORGET anything else! LOL!
                  __________________________________________________ _______________

Joe, I got your comments and thank you for your support. I have received some great comments on the book. I am waiting for the arrival of my press and marketing kits so that I can really get the book off of the ground. It seems like writing the book was the easy part -- It is certainly not a Harry Potter -- LOL -- I will just keep on turning and burning -- smile.

Semper Fi

Comment

Something New

I have a web site - www.sambeamon.com

Take a look and see what is happening and what people had to say about the book. Autographed copies are available - email me at crewchf164@aol.com for more information.

Thanks again for your support.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Flying Death

HAPPY BELATED 232 BIRTHDAY WISHES ALONG WITH VETERANS DAY.

Check out the news story and video

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=7349384

Semper Fi

Comment

Book Update

Books sales are continuing to grow -- Thank you for your support. The book is available online at: Barnes and Noble. com, Target, Amazon.com, as well at AuthorHouse.com.

Book reviews and comments have been posted on - www.sambeamon.com. The words given by those that I served with means the world to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

Great read Sam, thanks! Hey are you going down for Col Shadrick's services at Arlington? Rich Cortigine, Buda and I plan on being there. John Alexander is coming in from Maui.
                          S/F
                          Tim
                          Semper Fi
                          Tim

Comment

Tim, I am planning on taking that ride to Arlington -- one more time.

Comment

Sam would that one more time be for your dirt nap? That's where I want to go too, with all my friends.
                              S/F
                              Tim
                              Semper Fi
                              Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X