Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

HMM 263 from Ray Norton to Dale Ellingsworth....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMM 263 from Ray Norton to Dale Ellingsworth....

Dale Ellingsworth, like many, is a Marine's Marine. I personally observed him frequently going above and beyond the call of duty to produce exceptional results.

In the Marines, it is not just officers who lead and set the example. Dale was an NCO who led and set the example.

In person, if pressed, Dale would say something like "Ah shucks. Just my job." I would say extraordinary job.

His wife, Judy, deserves praise too. She is a wonderful supporter who endured her husband's multiple combat deployments with grace and service. We all know it's not easy to do. The New York Times recently had an article about the problems of the wealthy. A chauffeur costs $100,000 per year, celebrity chef costs $150,000 per year, a top notch nanny is $120,000. You can fill in the rest of this parable in multiple ways. My conclusion is that a spouse back home has a value that is beyond calculation. The Marine Corps Wife, These women are special, and in their own way, also wear the Eagle, the Globe and the Anchor.

Because of Dale Ellingsworth I am still alive. For that I will be forever grateful.

And finally, thank you to all in our association who allowed me and my family to re-connect with Dale and his family. It means a lot.

Get well, Dale. That's a order.

/s/ Ray
    T.C. Moyer
Working...
X