Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Address for wounded Marines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address for wounded Marines

BELLEFONTE -- Centre County's U.S. Marines are rallying to the aid of a fallen
    brother from Bellefonte who is fighting for his life in a military hospital in
    Germany after suffering severe wounds while in Iraq.
    U.S. Marine Cpl. David Emery's legs and left arm were shattered on Feb. 7 by a
    suicide bomb attack in Anbar Province. The 21-year-old from Bellefonte also suffered
    a severe abdominal wound, has lost kidney function and is on a ventilator after the
    onset of pneumonia, according to recent reports from the family.
    His wife, Leslie, who is seven months pregnant, and his mother, Connie, have been
    flown by the Marine Corps to be at Emery's bedside in Landstuhl Regional Medical
    Center in Germany.
    Meanwhile, local Marines have established a fund for the community to help Emery and
    his family.
    The Marine Corps League's Nittany Leathernecks of Centre County have established a
    fund through Nittany Bank to help the Marine's family offset expenses they are sure
    to incur in the near future, said the group's commandant, Marty Kaschalk.
    Checks or money orders can be made out to the "Nittany Leathernecks Detachment" and
    sent to Nittany Leathernecks, Attention: Cpl. Emery Fund, P.O. Box 956, Lemont Pa.,
    16851-0956. Donations also can be made at any Nittany Bank branch.

Address for Cpl David Emery
    c/o National Naval Medical Denter
    8901 Wisconsin Ave.
    Bethesda, MD 20889

Eric,
    I don't think I will make the growl in Pleasant Gap.
    My grandson, Ryan was seriously injured in Iraq on the 15th of Feb. He was Medi Vac'd to Balad, then to Bagdad, then to Germany and from there to Bethesda Naval Hospital in Maryland. He has undergone several operations and is scheduled for another operation on Friday the 23rd of Feb. My son and his wife are with him now. My wife and I went down to Bethesda on Monday and Tuesday. We are going to go back down this week-end. He should make a complete recovery. Although he was seriously injured there are so many that are in much worse shape. His roommate, Dillon Gray, lost both of his legs about six inches below the knee. My grandson is a member of the Chester County Detachment, MCL. If any of your members are interested in sending him a card and a few words of encouragement his address is:

LCpl. Albert R. Harper
    NNMC
    8901 Wiscosin Ave.
    Bldg. 10 - Ward 5 East
    Rm. 11A
    Bethesda, Md. 20889-5601

Thanks for keeping in touch with me. I hope to see you soon again.
    Semper Fi
    Al Harper
Working...
X