Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

HM1 Mike Westervelt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM1 Mike Westervelt

From Ed Egan:
    I ran into Mike's step-daughter at a meeting Saturday, and she told me that Mike died about a month ago. She didn't say how, just that he died miserable.

I know that he was miserable. He isolated himself and was only concerned with kayaking and getting laid. He cut off communication with everybody. In fact, he didn't want any notice of his death, no funeral, etc.

Mike flew with HMM-262 in RVN circa 1969-70 ( not sure exactly)

RIP MIke.
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

He flew with us up at Quang Tri - Researching for the last story I posted here - http://www.popasmoke.com/index.php/s...8-i-never-knew - I saw him listed on the AAR with my wingmen in March 69.
    May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by Dale A Riley; 10-20-2015, 11:14.
    READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

Joe, Dale I remember him too! Thanks ED for posting just sadden to hear he was having some issues . God Bless Him and Prayer for the family as their life will change. God Speed His comfort! JJ
      Last edited by JJHALL; 10-20-2015, 22:28.

Comment

I served with Mike briefly toward the end of my tour (Mar 68- Apr 69) with MAG-39. Didn't get to know him real well but he was a lot of fun to be around. So sorry to hear he suffered. May he rest in peace.

Comment

TAPS RIP Doc
          Semper Fi
          Tim

Comment

Working...
          X