Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

MGySgt George T. Curtis

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OohRah!

Top Clark,
    Great tribute to your friend! I'm certain one of Curtis' friends will provide the info that you need for a similar memorial, or you can look in here for various pictures of him, some in dress blues with ribbons.
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Still missing our friend

George: It's 3 years today and the void is still there. Once again we missed you in Washington and I know you would have loved that reunion. The museum is fantastic as I'm sure you've seen from your place on high. It's just not the same without your comments and factoids you were so good with. Just a brief note to say you may be gone but certainly not forgotten. Keep a tight rein on us all and guide us with that platoon in the sky. Semper Fi Marine and may your Peace be eternal, Budster

Comment

Amen Budster

I miss Curt a lot. He was like a big brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Reed View Post
          Top Clark,
          Great tribute to your friend! I'm certain one of Curtis' friends will provide the info that you need for a similar memorial, or you can look in here for various pictures of him, some in dress blues with ribbons.
          One photo in Alphas is here, but not sure it will be that much help:
          http://www.popasmoke.com/visions/image.php?source=217

Comment

It's wonderful to see how many people remember and miss my father, even three years later. I really do appreciate all the great stories and comments.

John, it's touching that you would be interested in writing something about my father. I have often thought about doing it myself but feared I wouldn't do it justice. I will discuss it with my mother and get back to you.

As far as the ribbons go, here's a photo of my father's ribbons. Hope it helps.

http://img204.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_191lo.jpg

I also know Brook and maybe some others have been looking for some photos my father may have been working on before he died. I will be digging through both the attic and the basement while we switch over our summer and winter clothes and will check in the many rubbermaid containers full of his things.

If anyone has any other questions, comments, stories etc please feel free to email me anytime- george.curtis@gmail.com

Comment

Remembering

George, Jr., three years - but it seems like yesterday. The Campbell Clan motto is "Ne Obliviscaris" - Do not be oblivious of - or better put - Do Not Forget. I dare to say, anyone who knew your dad will never forget him.

The best to you -

Jan
              Janice C. Campbell
              "MustangJan"

"Ne Obliviscaris"

Comment

Once again I prepare for our HMM 363 Reunion in Pensacola and how ironic it starts on the 4th anniversary of George's death. I still miss the guy and although I only knew him a short time it just shows what an impression this fellow squadron mate made on me! What I wouldn't give to still have him around giving his stats, knowledge of the Corps and as an all around information station. I miss you buddy and wish you nothing but peace and joy in your heavenly unit! God Bless

Comment

Five years

This morning, I am thinking of all the things that still remind me of George.. . .a motorcycle (with a rider with no helmet), the sound of a chopper. .. .an article in the newspaper . .and mostly, sitting in an airport, waiting for a flight. That was the last time I saw George, in the Reno airport, leaving a reunion to go home. Sitting at a table near a window, he called me over to see the choppers which had been on display at the reunion, leaving Reno, as we were. I'll never forget the look in his eyes, as he watched the young crews take them up.

George - we miss you . .and we remember what you taught us, ---- honor, respect, dignity, patience, and most of all . .. .to be always faithful.
                  Janice C. Campbell
                  "MustangJan"

"Ne Obliviscaris"

Comment

Missing Curt

I'm missing my good friend Curt today and thinking of him five years after he lefts us. He made a difference. Semper Fi Master Guns!

Comment

Re: MGySgt George T. Curtis

Feeling guilty as I thought of my buddy George today but it's some 2+ weeks after the anniversary of his assent to Ooh Rah heaven. Sorry buddy, the older you get the more the mind wanders and things slip away. Thinking of you and praying you're keeping an eye on all of us. Special prayers to "Pops" cause he ain't ready to go yet!! Semper Fi MGYSGT, you are a special guy!!

Comment

Working...
                      X