Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Frenchy in hospital/HML-167

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frenchy in hospital/HML-167

I got this in an e-mail today.

Subject: "Frenchy" medical update

Message: Frenchy (Norm) LaFountaine had a triple by-pass yesterday at
    West Florida Hosp. Pencacola. He is doing well and in ICU now.
    Hopefully, later today he will moved to a regular patient room.

Re: Frenchy in hospital/HML-167

Thanks larry for the feed about Frenchy. Prayers and thoughts for He and the Family!

Comment

Good Luck Bro!
      Semper Fi
      Tim

Comment

Get well soon Frenchy, we need anther Harley ride around the country side like we had in DFW.....
        Semper Fidelis
        Joe

Phu Bai tower:
        YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
        Remember, These are "A" models!
        YW-11 BuNo-151939
        '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Here's some contact info regarding Frenchy.

S/F Gary Alls
          HMM-263 '66-'67

Marines and former Marines,

Thanks to Natale Balloto (HML-167 [1969/70]) we have a current update for our friend and former Marine Norm "Frenchy" Lafountain (HMM-362 [1968] & HML-167 [1968/69]). Frenchy' hospital contact information is:

West Florida Hospital
          Norm "Frenchy" Lafountain
          Room 212
          8383 North Davis Highway
          Pensacola, FL 32514
          850-494-4000

Frenchy' home contact information may be found in the USMC/COMBAT HELICOPTER ASSOCIATION 2011 PERSONNEL DIRECTORY.

SEMPER FI,

Don/Stoney Stoneking
          From the slow lane of Hancock County, IL.

Comment

More info:

Frenchy is out of icu. he is in private room 212 West Florida
            Hosp. he actually had a little lunch.. whining already.. not
            sure how many days before he will be sent home..

please pass on to those I may not have on his list....

background... he was scheduled for a knee op. when doc saw ekg and
            called in a cardiologist. more tests were conducted and a cauterization
            clearly indicated he had had a "silent" heart attack some months ago and had
            severe blockages requiring a triple by-pass...

Best part, he knew he had all the signs of a heart attack , BUT, it
            wasn't "that" bad, and he was going to the VA in 4 days anyway. He
            explained what had happened to him to the va, and they told him he would
            not be there if he had a heart attack. good v a. Frenchy has
            now taken a "silent" heart attack to level two...............have one, and,
            do not tell anyone.......

knee operation will be rescheduled........ take care all, s /
            f
            nat

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Zok View Post
              More info:

Frenchy is out of icu. he is in private room 212 West Florida
              Hosp. he actually had a little lunch.. whining already.. not
              sure how many days before he will be sent home..

please pass on to those I may not have on his list....

background... he was scheduled for a knee op. when doc saw ekg and
              called in a cardiologist. more tests were conducted and a cauterization
              clearly indicated he had had a "silent" heart attack some months ago and had
              severe blockages requiring a triple by-pass...

Best part, he knew he had all the signs of a heart attack , BUT, it
              wasn't "that" bad, and he was going to the VA in 4 days anyway. He
              explained what had happened to him to the va, and they told him he would
              not be there if he had a heart attack. good v a. Frenchy has
              now taken a "silent" heart attack to level two...............have one, and,
              do not tell anyone.......

knee operation will be rescheduled........ take care all, s /
              f
              nat
              You GO Frenchy! Not fun being in those hospitals, Get Well Soon>>
              Larry I ran a streadmill many times and the VA said your Heart is great (PASS with flying colors).........When I did have trouble the Outside Doctor said "I need to do the Cauterization " Because of that I ended up with 4 Stents. I'm up to 7 and I have past ALL but the last 2 Streadmills since 98.

Comment

Only a triple? No sheet batman...a walk in the park (but STAY OFF the Gunny's grass).You'll walk out the door in<5 days...
                Anyways, welcome to the "bypass club"...Just like their "end of tour policy," I don't think the Charlie get bypass ops as we do...gotta love war! Eh?
                BUT...and I empasize this...you gotta listen to nurse Cratchet and do what she says, as she know the G Reaper on a first name basis...and he has yours...just too busy right now to care...God Bless! Keep the faith.
                Hooper

Comment

Talked w/Frenchy and Nurse Cratchet last night...he should walk out of the hosp today...sort of weird, and comparable to a roomie I had in University, who went to hosp with a suspected broken wrist and came out w/knee ligamant operation.

Comment

Working...
                  X