Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Old style side numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old style side numbers

Recently Dale from Pahrumph, NV sent me an excellent web site re: the a/c museum @ P-Cola, FL. Among the 150 or so pics was a CH-53 A that reminded me of when I first checked into MCAS New River and learned to fly my fleet assigned a/c (CH-53 A/D) altho the paint scheme was differentCH 53 A & D.jpg. In my archives is this pic of a CH-53 before they changed the side number marking system.
    CH 53 A & D.jpg
    This should also go along with a long ago podting (not by me) of how and when the method of side numbers was changed.

Modex Numbers

Originally posted by thomas.zuppke View Post
    Recently Dale from Pahrumph, NV sent me an excellent web site re: the a/c museum @ P-Cola, FL. Among the 150 or so pics was a CH-53 A that reminded me of when I first checked into MCAS New River and learned to fly my fleet assigned a/c (CH-53 A/D) altho the paint scheme was different[ATTACH]3660[/ATTACH]. In my archives is this pic of a CH-53 before they changed the side number marking system.
    [ATTACH]3660[/ATTACH]
    This should also go along with a long ago podting (not by me) of how and when the method of side numbers was changed.

It's my understanding that the change was made in late '67 or early '68 by BuNavWeps (???) to avoid confusion amongst naval personnel while a/c were involved in carrier ops.
    Joe Reed might be better qualified to answer this question for you. He straightened out this point of confusion for me a few yrs. back.
    S/F,Mike
    TAKE NO PRISONERS.,SHOW NO MERCY.
    DEATH SMILES AT EVERYONE...,MARINES SMILE BACK...

Comment

Re: Old style side numbers

Mike, thats my understanding as well. Found new info out about the 46, but will wait and see. I believe it, but the top jobs may change their minds again. Still glad we(265) were the First, and Last to have the 46. Kind of has a ring to it. Talked to my 3 year old Grand Daughter last evening, and she is, thank God, Good, sounds Great, and Happy again. She loves to play the trumpet. Can carry a number of notes already. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
      X