Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Remembering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering

When MHTG-40 stood up at New River, I was assigned as the group Maintenance Admin Chief (as a CPL). The group Maintenance Officer was CAPT Bobby HARDIN. Maintenance Chief was MSGT Red ???. CAPT Hardin was a mustang who had previously been with HMX-1 and MSGT "Red" was probably old enough to be a WWII vet. Both were good men.

Does anyone remember these great Marines?

MSGT "Red" could be Red Cressen (not sure on the spelling, always went by Red), a well known Maint. Chief and I served with him in Nam. He was Maint. Chief with HMM 363 at the time, along with Paul Maynard and I.D. Maise . He hung out with GySgt Mikey Wells and 2nd Lt. (SSgt w/field promotion with HMM 262) J.D. Fulmer (R.I.P.) . Red was a burly, hard ass Marine and well respected. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X