Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Nam Songs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nam Songs

I posted this on the In-Country Forum and got no replys. I guess I should have put it on a 34 squadron site. Since I was with a 46 squadron HMM-262 and on return to the states at New River in 68 I checked into HMM-162 I thought I'd throw it at you guys. I know you were a 34 squadron in Nam. There were songs sung at the club at Ky Ha about 34's, one went: "Yo Ho Ho you and me flying all around in a 34D" the other went: "He may fly forever above the streets of Hue he's the man who never returned". Anybody out there remember the words? They were fun club songs that everybody joined in and sung along with after a few beers.
    S/F
    Tim McMahon HMM-262 65-67 HMM-162 68 (Bubble Chaser)
    Semper Fi
    Tim

I have heard the "He may fly forever above the streets of Hue he's the man who never returned" song

It was sung to the tune of "Charlie on the MBTA" it goes

"Poor ole Charlie, He may ride forever athrough the streets of Boston he's the man who never returned" .
    It is a 60s song poking fun at the price of the ride going up on the Boston MBTA and Charlie gets on and does not have the full fare.
    Semper Fidelis

George T. Curtis

Comment

Tim,

I served with HMM-262 from Jan 68 to May 68 in Quang Tri. When I returned stateside I went to HMM-162 at New River in Feb 69. Did you go on the Carib cruise in 1970 with HMM-162. I seem to remember a Tim Mc that worked in the HYD shop. Was that you??

Comment

George I went on a Caribb Cruise with HMM-162 in 68 and got out in 68 just after the cruise. There must have been another Tim Mc bubblechaser that you knew.
        S/F
        Tim
        Semper Fi
        Tim

Comment

Working...
        X