Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Mum (This is for the nurses of Vietnam)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mum (This is for the nurses of Vietnam)

Always a smile to encourage
    never sour or glum
    I don't know what her name was
    we just called her mum

Somewhere between thirty and forty
    how ancient that seemed then
    for we were all of twenty
    just boys dressed up as men

She was a nursing corps sister
    caring for wounded young boys
    but her light jokes in the morning
    made her one of our joys

How could she get a bloke laughing
    when he knew of the pain yet to come
    I don't know, but that was the magic
    of the angel we called mum

Where is she now I wonder
    still caring perhaps for all ranks
    I hope someday she'll read this
    an' know that her boys said "THANKS"
    Unknown

Aussie: Alot of people in the US do not know that we served in Vietnam, let alone our nurses. So this one is for them. Pro Humanitate=For Humanity
    If you protest wars, remember that it is the blood of the soldiers who shed theirs for your right to protest them.
    Dulce et detcorum est pro patria mori
    (It is a beautiful and fitting thing to die for ones country.)
Working...
X