Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Osprey on Okinawa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey on Okinawa

I believe these are the Dragons of VMM-265

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ESRC=marine.nl
    READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Re: Osprey on Okinawa

Hmm262 lost a 46 ib thailand last week the pilot was hurt preety bad but havn't heard any mote about it. SF

Comment

3rd degree burns on 69% of his body and lost an arm is last I heard. He is in Texas being treated.
      Semper Fi
      Tim

Comment

Nice sunny day here I can't belive its goingdown to 35 tonight. SF

Comment

Osprey on Okinawa surely high lights the changes since we were there 1945 with our TBMs !! While I got into the Helicopter field in 1950 at HMX-1 even than it was the basic HTL Bell . I had a very good brother (Col Honeycutt ) that arranged a check out on the OSPREY flight trainer at New River. It certainly gave me a "Conversion Shock" from my expierience flying the H34 !!! There are newer concepts now in the development that will increase the speed & are less complex. With the cut backs they may not get in service or if so, much later . SF PM
          Attached Files

Comment

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...22-joins-fleet

Osprey now part of HMX 1
            /s/ray

Raymond J. Norton
            1513 Bordeaux Place
            Norfolk, VA 23509-1313

(757) 623-1644

Comment

Working...