Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Commanding Officers - All Squadrons

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanding Officers - All Squadrons

http://navalhelicopterassn.org/CO_li...ting_USMC.html

VMO Squadrons

Where are the VMO Squadrons?? SF PM

VMO-2 CO's
    http://www.angelfire.com/va/cherrydeuce
    Last edited by Al Barbour; 07-01-2009, 10:53. Reason: added information

Comment

VMO's?

Paul,
      I think they became HMA's and HML/A's.....

Couldn't imagine I would recall such a number of these C.O.'s from personal experience. Some I served under while they were in Command, as we all did, but many were Lts and Capts in the early part of their journey to a command post. I see the pilot that was the first to let me "drive" a CH-46 and the one that signed my DD214 upon my RAD in addition to many really fine officers and pilots. Leaders of the best! WOW!
      Good info!
      Semper Fidelis
      Joe

Phu Bai tower:
      YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
      Remember, These are "A" models!
      YW-11 BuNo-151939
      '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

HMAs etc

That may be Joe but the COs etc did not dissappear ! Just as 161 went back to their formation . The first Helicopters in combat was VMO-6 Korea in 1950. Guess I was obsolete years ago. SF PM

Comment

Could it be

that when they got transferred with the OV-10's they got taken out of helicopters and put in fixed wing????

Comment

Probably some did

However at one time & the original VMOs were half fixed wing OE/OY & Helicopters. Not sure if the OV & Helicopters was the inventory at one time. SF PM

Comment

VMO Skippers...

Larry said:
              Could it be
              that when they got transferred with the OV-10's they got taken out of helicopters and put in fixed wing????
              Paul makes a great point here...the Skippers should have been listed for those years....I didn't check the dates, and since Paul was there, it was obvious to him....
              Wally, can you check on the VMO C.O.'s???
              Semper Fidelis
              Joe

Phu Bai tower:
              YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
              Remember, These are "A" models!
              YW-11 BuNo-151939
              '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

I would imagine you would have to contact the admin for that site and ask them since it is not part of popasmoke. It would be nice to take their C.O. list and maintain it on our site. Wonder if they would be willing to let us have a copy of it...

Comment

Copy of Listing for Popasmoke

A complete listing with dates!

Brook Stevenson
                  9/'67 - 10/'68

Comment

Commanding Officers

Is there a list available of the Group CO's??

Comment

Originally posted by pm3777 View Post
                      However at one time & the original VMOs were half fixed wing OE/OY & Helicopters. Not sure if the OV & Helicopters was the inventory at one time. SF PM

VMO-2 had Hueys, and OV-10's, as well as, Cobras at the same time in 1969.

Comment

Missing Col. Bennie Mann HMM-161 Dec.'69-Jul.'70

Semper Fi

Bruce "Howdy" Mayor HMM-161 '69-'70

Comment

Helicopter CO's

Missing HMR 161 CO's .I hope I didn't over look it. I can't remember them all but Lt Col R.R. Ayres signed my Cpl warrant in early 1954. I was in the squadron 53-55. Also missing was one of the best CO's I ever had Col R. Leu HMR 162 1962-63. I'm sure there are others.

Comment

Hmr-161

Jack it is at the bottom of the lists. Lt Col Ayres is on the list 1954. SF PM

Comment

Thanks PM I just overlooked it. Chambers was there when I checked in and Eldridge was my CO when I left in 56 from Hiawaii. Can't remember the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X