Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Worlds Fastest Helicopter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of room at w palm to do speed runs ace, they can even go out over the ocean! Weather is great down here now, going to key west today.
    Semper Fi
    Tim

Comment

vacation

Tim, that going to be a good vacation for sure. There may be enough room for the test run, but seems there are more people in the area there that would be in the way if it came apart. Then if it was over the ocean, they would take a long time to find, and retrive it. Do have a good one at Key West. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Funny Funny

Originally posted by timothy View Post
        Plenty of room at w palm to do speed runs ace, they can even go out over the ocean! Weather is great down here now, going to key west today.
        Just Go ahead and rub it in TIM,so your time is a coming. I'll be a thinking up some thing since Christmas is coming up fast. Have a good one and say a Hello to the Wife. JJ

Comment

Funny-Funny

JJ, Glad they are having a good trip both of them. I know if I had a company and was going to do a speed test on a big new Bird, I'd do it where there is nothing but flat salt, or sand. If it goes down in the water, very bad news too. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Flight tests

I've seen plenty go wrong on them. So I think they should do em over the FACTORY a little added incentive to design and build it right the 1st time ! sf kc
            non illigitimus carborundumMAF gripe ... deadbugs on windshield...action taken...R&R with live bugs!

Comment

Rog, JJ! She says hi back, see ya in Quantico!
              Semper Fi
              Tim

Comment

Flight Tests

I agree Lurch. It would be even better if they were required to do the Hover Tests over the Factory for sure. Then do straffinfg runs over it as well. That would get then awake on the assembly line. I feel boeing will have more problems with the new one they have been out-sourcing since the start of it. I wouldn't want an Aircraft of mine made in 5-6 different countries. Parts just won't fit, and they aren't fitting. It would have been much better for them to have made the entire thing, but trying to save a buck, ends up COSTING many Bucks. Thats just what is happening to them now. More of our people would have had jobs, not the other countries. Way to go boeing. Hope I don't get stuck on one of your new models. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Ace they all outsorce to other countries now and other countries outsorce with us. That's the way of the world! Why hover test over the factory. If they lose an engine they would have to autorotate into a building! I know you have to be kidding.
                  Semper Fi
                  Tim

Comment

Worlds Fastest Helo

Tim, no i wasn't joking. That practice must be stopped, and very soon. Every day boeings new bird is sitting on the ground because parts are sub standard, and won't fit, is their problem. Glad I don't have boeing stock, as I would have lost a bunch of money by now, because they shut their lines down, and started trusting other countries to build them cheaper. Its just like trusting al-whak-ie with the keys to a c-4 factory. They made the wrong mistake, and are paying dearly for it. Bet they wish that they had built it themselves now. They just had money saving ideas in their head, instead of making an American made plane. The money they have lost they could have started several lines with Americans doing the work. That would cause the people building the Aircraft to build it right the 1st time, and not loose Millions of dollars just sitting in the hangar instead of making money. I could see the building have a large area where it wouldn't cause much damage, but they should have to hover directly above the place that built it. I agree it would not have many gripes on it when it landed instead of crashing. It would fly anyway. Everything we have outsourced must be brought back to the U.S., and put our people back to work, and not theirs. Thats why well over 7-8 million people are out of work now, some nut in another country is doing their job, at 1/4 the price. Its just the truth, and no one in washington is listening one bit. Most likely getting a kick back from the outsourcing. Its a fine thing for sure. It 1st started in mexico, and spread to other countries. They can barely make a car you can get into in india, but we still let them do our work for us. Until we make it againt the law to outsource, we will keep going down the ladder instead of climbing it. All Helos built should have 2 engines when they loose one at least they would be able to land in front of the factory. Bet you don't ever see another Howard Hughes flying his own Aircraft, as the CEO's, Presidents of the company, now run the other way. Thats just my thought. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

It won't happen in our lifetime Bro! Single engine airplanes are alright, there are thousands of them out there flying all around the world. Even with twin engines there are times when the second engine doesn't have enough power to keep going, depending on the load. I know where you're coming from, but like I said that's the way of the world now.
                      Semper Fi
                      Tim

Comment

worlds fastest Helo

I started this one time already. I will finish it this time, or keep doing it all night. Tim, they are going to have to change and soon. If they can not make a helo that with no load on a test hop, can't fly on a single engine, the designer needs to be fired, and some other one take his place. Thats the only reason the F-8 Crusader was shut down, top brass had to have a Fixed wing that would fly on 1 engine. The phantom got the job because it did have 2 engines. The F-8 beat the phantom in every test they had, except having twin engines. Now russia has some they are flying, believe it, as its true. India is a dirty place that can't even feed its own people, and our enlightened one says to wear their clothes, eat the food, and drive their cars. I don't think this Marine will. I didn't buy another HP laptop because you can not understand the tech people helping you, its Simple. *I don' like the last posting just disapearing. Makes me mad, and I didn't hit the eject button. Hope someone feels good by doing it.* The country has 7 plus million people out of work. There are 7 million people in other countries working their jobs. I don't like paying all the people un-employment with the tax money I have to pay. They best be glad I'm not in charge of unemployment. The unions are responsible. The manufacturing owners left the country because of them. Absolute fact. $57 bucks an hour compared to 5.75 a day makes sense if you have a big payroll. There should be laws that prevent companies from making things in other countries instead of here. Put a tripple tax on each item sent back to the good ole US of A, and it would stop. But the law makers have NO GUTS to do it. Sad fact, but true. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
                        Last edited by Ace Hunt; 12-10-2010, 02:05. Reason: corrected a word.

Comment

Working...
                        X