Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

living thru retirement of 2 types of A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• living thru retirement of 2 types of A/C

I was lucky enough to be a door gunner and Crew Chief on a Sikorsky UH34-D which was retired in 68 or 69 at New River NC, Then moving over to the Boeing CH46-B,D,and E before I retired I requested transfer to the Osprey but was denied due to old age and Bad Health. The 46 was retired and I still see both A/C firmly in my mind. Running MEdivacs and emergency Resupplys in the 34 and then recon inserts and (Helo Casting) ( when Nuttier people than me jump out of a perficly good A/C or hang outside on a shoe string)with the 46 They finally moved me into COMSEC. A safe billet designed to drive the normal crew chief out of what ever mind he has left. Funny though, I can still remove the engine piece by piece and shake blades and fold a tail like We all did.
    TO each of you war horses, keep smiling and know we sure were wild in our Youth.
    See you all in Reno
    J Lynch, GySgt
    USMC, Retired,
Working...
X