Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Obama Orders New Military Pay Study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Orders New Military Pay Study

Should military pilots who have been reassigned from cockpits to ground-based computer consoles to fly remotely piloted vehicles continue to draw the same flight pay as pilots who still fly jets and helicopters?

More...

I do not think that the pilots of UAV's should draw flight pay. All they are risking is a little carpal tunnel syndrome. Tlhere is no danger involved unless it is eye fatigue from watching the computer monitor.

Comment

UAV Drivers

I agree with the above post, further, they perhaps should be able to qualify for what we had in the 60's and 70's called "ProPay". However, I do not think they should be able to receive Air Medals, DFC's, or the like. Perhaps they could be eligible for Navy Commendation or Navy Achievement or the other service comparable decorations for extra ordinary missions accomplished!

Semper Fi - Duke
      "Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way" - Semper Fi - Duke

Comment

UAV vs In the Cockpit

I agree with the above comments. How can you compare the actions by pilots and crew of in flight aircraft with those of computer console operators? There are no situations that a console operator may encounter that can be measured with those of actual flight. I donít want to diminish the importance of UAV operators, but letís face it, the worst that could happen is his monitor locks up and he has to reboot. The only incoming he might get is a spit ball from the console behind him. With the new age of UAVís maybe we should be looking at a new class of awards and pay. I donít feel they fall in the same class as we that have actually taken hostile fire or risked life to perform our duty and would lessen the dignity of those awards..

Semper Fi
        Bruce ďHowdyĒ Mayor HMM-161 í69-Ď70

Semper Fi

Bruce "Howdy" Mayor HMM-161 '69-'70

Comment

Working...
        X