Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Associate Annual Memberships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Associate Annual Memberships

Are these tax-deductible?
    Deborah

Re: Associate Annual Memberships

Widow1, they are susposed to be, but my CPA says to just forget them. I do. Hope its warm and Dry there for you and others. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, your CPA knows what he/she speaks of. I'd like a definitive reply w/o going to CPAs I know who are also tax lawyers and/or former IRS agents.

Must be great to have such a relatively small expenditure mean so little.
      Deborah

Comment

Widow1. Mam, I can not tell you one way or the other what to do. I have all the up-keep, and repairs on 5 clear deed homes to declare, and I don't have to declare my dues, and some other tax declarations. If I had to, I would imagine my CPA would declare mine, along with 3-4 other tax deductables, but we don't. I would let one of the high ups on PAS advise you, as I can't. Hope one of them will tell you one way or the other. I do know the Popasmoke site is deductable, and I'm sure many members do declare theirs. I've just been fortunate to find a home I want, and pay for it. Looking at another one, but will wait. The best to you. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Pardon my snippy reply. You were the only one w/ the courtesy to reply to my question which surprised me a bit since I contributed what I thought was very useful information here on the board a couple of years back.

The years of hardship and battle have taken their toll on me. I apologize and thank you, sincerely, for answering my question.
          Deborah

Comment

Widow1. Dear Lady, you do make a difference to our site. I don't know why no one has not replied, but many do that. If you care to declare the membership, its a tax free site, so there is no reason why you should not be able to declare it. I just have so many things I declare on the homes I've gotten, I leave them out. The tax code changes very often, and I wouldn't doubt I start declaring some of my mine and soon. Have good ones, and S/F.

Comment

Deborah, The only reason I did not reply, and I guess some others also, is that I do not know the answer. I went from crew chief to truck driver and all I know about taxes is that I just pay and pay and pay........
              READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

Sorry for the tardiness in my reply. Slick & JD are both out of town on travel and I have been to the Drs at the VA.

We are a 501 (3) C and have tax exempt status as a Veterans Organization. I do believe that you can deduct your membership.

LZ

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Zok View Post
                  Sorry for the tardiness in my reply. Slick & JD are both out of town on travel and I have been to the Drs at the VA.

We are a 501 (3) C and have tax exempt status as a Veterans Organization. I do believe that you can deduct your membership.

LZ
                  Sorry to hear you're back to the VA,unless its for good things of course! Been having some more things going on too. Check our Check message thread it doies give you more if you care to.
                  Good answer Larry , Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by widow1 View Post
                    Pardon my snippy reply. You were the only one w/ the courtesy to reply to my question which surprised me a bit since I contributed what I thought was very useful information here on the board a couple of years back.

The years of hardship and battle have taken their toll on me. I apologize and thank you, sincerely, for answering my question.

Deb-----You have been here for many of us and I would not want you to think we don't hear you . Sorry I didn't give you a send ! It is true that some as well as I wasn't sure so did not reply. Again ! I'm sorry and realize the right thing to have done would of been to reply and let you know I didn't . ALL our Blessings , God Speed . JJ

Comment

Re: Associate Annual Memberships-tax exempt

I believe #2,4, and #6 told Widow1 the site was tax exempt. Glad she will claim it. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

As LZ stated, we are a Tax exempt organization. The Association's CPA has provided the below.

"The USMC/Combat Helicopter Association is a tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501c(19). Consistent with its status as a war veterans organization, donors can deduct
                        contributions made to or for the use of the organization within the limits established by the IRS".

I personally have not checked the code so I can't answer how it would apply to individuals' specific circumstances
                        Slick

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                          As LZ stated, we are a Tax exempt organization. The Association's CPA has provided the below.

"The USMC/Combat Helicopter Association is a tax exempt organization under IRS Code 501c(19). Consistent with its status as a war veterans organization, donors can deduct
                          contributions made to or for the use of the organization within the limits established by the IRS".

I personally have not checked the code so I can't answer how it would apply to individuals' specific circumstances
                          Slick ! Thanks for the Feed Back it may help many that do use this for their Taxes. JJ

Comment

Working...
                          X