Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Request opinion of customized design of Combat Aircrew Wings for decals, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request opinion of customized design of Combat Aircrew Wings for decals, etc.

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]I have been asked to request Combat Aircrew Wing recipients their opinion of a new design. Please advise what you think. See link below.

http://www.popasmoke.com/visions/image.php?source=15323

Thanks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Brook Stevenson
    9/'67 - 10/'68

Re: Request opinion of customized design of Combat Aircrew Wings for decals, etc.

Will the design be in pewter or chrome? Saw chrome wings a few years back at Pendleton and they looked like they should be sold up the road at Disneyland. Pewter gets my vote.

Wayne Stafford

Comment

Re: Request opinion of customized design of Combat Aircrew Wings for decals, etc.

I will say pewter, and to be the same size. The picture looks to distorted. I wouldn't want a decal of a phrog all bloted up. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

The Marine emblem is great but take the red out.

Comment

just for clarification to those that have already have and/or intend to comment.... this design is not at present and at this time for in the future to change the existing actual wings, but just the decal to make them fitting for Marines... if you like them then please go to the image and rate them... if you don't like them still go to the image and rate them.... thanks for your honesty and opinions.

Brook Stevenson
          9/'67 - 10/'68

Comment

Brook,
            I understand that this is for a decal, but I'd take the red out. Make it look like the wings we wear that the decal represents, please. Thanks for your efforts on our behalf!
            Semper Fidelis
            Joe

Phu Bai tower:
            YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
            Remember, These are "A" models!
            YW-11 BuNo-151939
            '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

I agree with Joe. Should be the same size. Hope they don't have any plans to change the actual Wings at this stage of the game. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Brook,
                I LIKE the EGA on it as opposed to the anchor by itself, Shoulda ALWAYS had the EGA!

Ace,
                He is designing a decal and emblem for other "non-uniform" items, not the CAC as the uniform goes..at least as I understand it.
                Semper Fidelis
                Joe

Phu Bai tower:
                YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
                Remember, These are "A" models!
                YW-11 BuNo-151939
                '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Don't care for it. If'n it isn't a copy of the real thing wouldn't put the decal anywhere.
                  Then again, personal preferance
                  Slick

Comment

Thats good Joe. Glad they will just be on covers, jackets etc. I too would like to see the EGA on the decals instead of the anchor. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Reed View Post
                      Brook,
                      I LIKE the EGA on it as opposed to the anchor by itself, Shoulda ALWAYS had the EGA!

Ace,
                      He is designing a decal and emblem for other "non-uniform" items, not the CAC as the uniform goes..at least as I understand it.
                      At least someone has figured this out... thanks Joe and Ace

Brook Stevenson
                      9/'67 - 10/'68

Comment

Originally posted by John Ace Hunt View Post
                        Thats good Joe. Glad they will just be on covers, jackets etc. I too would like to see the EGA on the decals instead of the anchor. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
                        I see your old buddy had a comment to make.

Comment

There is the Man. I've tried to get to the site you mentioned, but no joy so far. Been hoping for it in the mail. Hope the print of the CAC Wings will be posted before they go into production. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Originally posted by John Ace Hunt View Post
                            There is the Man. I've tried to get to the site you mentioned, but no joy so far. Been hoping for it in the mail. Hope the print of the CAC Wings will be posted before they go into production. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
                            are you talking about the ones this thread is about?... if so, scroll up to the first post of mine which started this... there is a link to them in Visions, if not please advise, thanks

Brook Stevenson
                            9/'67 - 10/'68

Comment

Yes accs, I was talking about those. I had hoped they wouldn't be puffed up like the 34 on the site was. I agree the EGA should have been on them from the start. I hope there is some way 'Combat' can be put above the Aircrew. I know its not on the issued, but what the heck. If it can, it can, if not, no problem. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
                              X