Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Another question re: Combat Aircrew Wings!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question re: Combat Aircrew Wings!

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]One of my squadron mates has asked me something about the awarding of Combat Aircrew Wings in the current war theaters and believes that the same style Combat Aircrew Wings are no longer issued, like the ones that he and so many of our crew members were awarded back in Vietnam era. If this is true, does anyone know when it changed and why it changed? If it is not true then who perpetrated this story. I know that it is damn hard to find the Combat Aircrew Wings from the VN era in the License Plates with the Red background and when asked about it to vendors, the reply they don't make them any more or they don't issue them any more. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks![/SIZE][/FONT]

Brook Stevenson
    9/'67 - 10/'68

Re: Another question re: Combat Aircrew Wings!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Here's the C.O.'s message:

Mr Beddoe,

On 28 Jan 08, VMM-263 awarded the first two Combat Aircrew Wings to be earned by MV-22B Osprey crew chiefs. Sergeants Michael Aguilar and Christopher McGuire earned this designation over the past four months of combat assault support sorties during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Both of these gents are solid Marine NCOs and we are proud of their accomplishment

Visit: http://www.usmc81.com/2008/01/first-...#ixzz1DauocJXO

Comment

accs, I have wondered about that as well. I have always heard the 22's were not allowed to land in a combat zone as they had no guns, and were vulenerable to enemy fire. They had to land a bit away from the action, and let the troops hike on to the fight. No big deal though. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

The C130's going into Khe Sanh didn't have any guns -
        READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

I know that it is damn hard to find the Combat Aircrew Wings from the VN era in the License Plates with the Red background and when asked about it to vendors, the reply they don't make them any more or they don't issue them any more. Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks!
          Brook,
          I got mine from Sgt. Grit. Still had them when last I looked.

The C130's going into Khe Sanh didn't have any guns -
          Dale,
          I don't think they got CAC Wings either for it.
          Semper Fidelis
          Joe

Phu Bai tower:
          YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
          Remember, These are "A" models!
          YW-11 BuNo-151939
          '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

The Marines here at K-Bay( Kaneohe Bay) are wearing the same Combat Aircrew Wings that we earned back in Nam. S/F
            Larry Groah[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]

Comment

The Combat Air Crew Wing Plates are still available at Sgt. Grits. I have not heard of any Combat Wings change, so they should be wearing the same design. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
              X