Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Aquisition of last CH46 that lifted last Marines from embassy during Frequent Wind.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquisition of last CH46 that lifted last Marines from embassy during Frequent Wind.

Hello all! I have completed the restoration of CH53 "Patches" BuNo 153715 at the Fort Worth aviation Museum, on the south end of Meacham Field in Fort Worth. All I lack are two complete wind shield wiper system,ss arms and blades. I can use a set from an A or D or E 53.

On the subject of this post: We have found out that the last CH46 that pulled the last Marines off the embassy roof during Frequent Wind is dismantled and sitting at Davis-Monthan in Tucson, AZ.

We at FWAM are interested in getting this AC and sitting it beside Patches in our yard. We currently have 25 war birds in our collection, many of them Vietnam era and FAC oriented.

Anyone that is interested in helping us acquire this 46, we welcome to join us. We'd like to get her before DM may decide to scrap her.

You are all also invited, if you are ever in Fort Worth, to stop by Long & Ross streets at the south end of Meacham and look over our birds.
    Last edited by Mike Amtower; 07-02-2017, 17:10.

Mike that's exciting! Hope you get the old (guess it's a former HMM-164 bird) gal!! You folks do a great job once you get 'em!!
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

60 here this morning but it will be a great day. I'll have to wear long pants and a jacket for my morning hike. Not looking forward to jumping in and running the vacuum in the pool today. Next week before I leave for Cherry Point I'll close it down for the season.
      Semper Fi
      Tim

Comment

Cool Tim! I'm sure they'll appreciate that in Fort Worth! LOL!!
        Semper Fidelis
        Joe

Phu Bai tower:
        YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
        Remember, These are "A" models!
        YW-11 BuNo-151939
        '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Mike,
          Any word on this project??
          Semper Fidelis
          Joe