Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

CH-46 Bureau # 154009 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CH-46 Bureau # 154009 Info

CH-46 Bureau # 154009 is on static display @ Patriots' Point, Mt Pleasant, SC. HMM-164 is stenciled on the fuselage and YT on the aft transmission castle/pylon. As a Squadron Pilot, I flew with HMM-164 @ Marble Mt USMC Air Facility, RVN from 8/68 to 12/68. My Flight Log, however, records that I never flew this helicopter despite having flown 119 missions. I seek information on this particular CH-46 as I am curious as to why I never flew it.

Capt., It may have come in after your tour.
    I was with HMM-262 up at Quang Tri and in late 68, early 69 we received some new aircraft - one of which I got - 154021.
    Up to then all I remember was 150 to 153 BuNo's.
    Did you fly any 154 numbers in 68 ?
    READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

Capt. Here is a database of all CH-46's.
      It shows 154009 was actually with HMM161 in 68 up at Quang Tri.
      I know I have seen a page somewhere that shows history of each one and when they went from squadron to squadron but I can't find it right now.
      http://www.helis.com/database/cn/6449/
      READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

There is a dedicated website named "helis.com" that has a database containing excellent resources permitting tracking of helicopters by bunos. I have found it very helpful for research work.
        S/F,Mike
        TAKE NO PRISONERS.,SHOW NO MERCY.
        DEATH SMILES AT EVERYONE...,MARINES SMILE BACK...

Comment

Working...
        X