Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

265 Marble Hangar (Ramp).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265 Marble Hangar (Ramp).

Anybody remember where the 265 hangar was? I think they were at Phu Bai when we got there in 67. 262 has the hangar marked on the map.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by timothy; 06-03-2012, 07:25. Reason: pix
    Semper Fi
    Tim

Re: 265 Marble Hangar (Ramp).

Tim,
    e were in Phu Bai in late '67 and I seem to remember the EP birds being towards the South end of the field at Marble, from our trips to MMAF to refuel, etc.....
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Re: 265 Marble Hangar (Ramp).

Originally posted by timothy View Post
      Anybody remember where the 265 hangar was? I think they were at Phu Bai when we got there in 67. 262 has the hangar marked on the map.
      I was with '265 until July '67. At that time our squadron area was at the corner of the field where the fuel farm was located & adjacent to the "VC" cemetery. We had a small metal 1 bird hangar & the remaining structures were semi-improved tents. Extreme lower left of diagram.
      The cluster of buildings at the bottom was an old French compound that served as a base camp for a contingent of 5th SF,Chinese Nungs,& ARVN Rangers.
      Craze
      Last edited by mecollins; 06-03-2012, 13:49.
      S/F,Mike
      TAKE NO PRISONERS.,SHOW NO MERCY.
      DEATH SMILES AT EVERYONE...,MARINES SMILE BACK...

Comment

Working...
      X