Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

HMM-261 Evacuation, Beirut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMM-261 Evacuation, Beirut

If you can help Wayland, please contact him at waylandlabhart@hotmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 18:44

Sir,
    Thanks for the welcome. I do have a question that you may be able to help me with. I am researching some photos from HMM-261 back in February 1984. They conducted an evacuation of nearly 800 people from Beirut. I figured this would be a good place to start. Could you help point me in the right direction or put me in touch with someone that can help me?

Thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Wayland Labhart

Re: HMM-261 Evacuation, Beirut

Hey, dont know if I can help but heres some info. I was part of the evac (withdrawal) in Beirut. We did the NATO Med cruise--- LF6F-2-84 ---that went from Feb. 15, 1984-Aug. 23, 1984. I was part of HMLA 269 (two Hueys and four Cobras) attached to HMM263. We covered the final withdrawal from Beirut in August. I have lots of pics and many more in a nice bound "year book" that gives a lot of history and details on the cruise. If anyone wants to chat or needs info, hit me up and I will see what I can help with.

Joe MRMOLOTOV Thompson
    HML/A 269 Fang Gang (Gun runners)

mrmolotov@aol.com

Comment

Working...
    X