Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

2010 - Reno

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 - Reno

After an intense review of possible reunion sites, to include various locations recommended by the membership, the 2010 reunion is scheduled to be held at the Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, Nevada 7-11 July.
    A number of factors were taken into consideration to include, but not limited to: ability to place the attendees within the same hotel; cost; availability of hospitality suites (hootches) without restrictions; quality of rooms; and amenities offered by the hotel.
    The Grand Sierra met or exceeded all prerequisites.

Additional info will be provided as planning progresses.
    Last edited by Slick; 10-26-2008, 23:34.
    Slick

I'll be there. Allyn

Comment

Great that works for me!
      S/F
      Tim
      Semper Fi
      Tim

Comment

Thank you for giving the membership a lot of time to prepare for the next reunion. Even though I personally would have preferred Seattle I think that the general membership will be well served in your choice of Reno.

We will get the word out to all members of HMM-365 Vietnam. We will be there.

s/f
        del Rosario
        HMM-365
        Vietnam 1964-65

HMM-365 in Vietnam, 1964-65

Comment

Reunion

I'm very excited about the venue. I've already put it on my calendar and will make my hotel reservation soon.

Comment

Well Done , see you there....
            (my wifes nickles are already going in a jar)........

Comment

Good Choice

You did good ! Any better & it would have been at Hilo!! SF PM

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey Jake View Post
                I'm very excited about the venue. I've already put it on my calendar and will make my hotel reservation soon.
                for a variety of reasons reservations won't be open until after Jan 2010- at least at the room rate we've negotiated.
                Slick

Comment

Reno

Good choice. It was a great reunion there last time.

Comment

Checked with our squadron point man in Reno, NV; Robert Darling, he told me the Grand Sierra Resort is the new name of the Reno Hilton same place we held 2004 Reunion. Had a great time there in 2004.

Comment

Reno - Great choice

The Pop A Smoke leadership was spot on. I polled the HMH-463 bunch and of those who answered Reno was 2 to 1 the favorite.

Charlie Block
                      Dimmer Six

Comment

If you guys dont mind a few Phrog guys, there are 3 of us 161 guys in Sacramento that would like to join you.

Comment

Phrog Guys

There be a bunch of Phrog critters running around here. The more the merrier!!

Comment

Reno 2010

Hope this is the right area. Question: Are there plans to have a silent
                            auction again this time. If so, now is the time to start rounding up the ole
                            goodies and get em ready. I contributed to Reno and Ft Worth. Have found more goodies for this time. Looking forward to this one. I am going to Reno in 3 or 4 weeks and will be staying at the Grand Sierra.

Comment

Originally posted by spook View Post
                              Hope this is the right area. Question: Are there plans to have a silent
                              auction again this time. If so, now is the time to start rounding up the ole
                              goodies and get em ready. I contributed to Reno and Ft Worth. Have found more goodies for this time. Looking forward to this one. I am going to Reno in 3 or 4 weeks and will be staying at the Grand Sierra.
                              That's the plan
                              Slick

Comment

Working...
                              X