Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

JRB (Fort Worth Naval Air Station)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nas Jrb Carswell

The base at Ft. Worth was an Army Air Force Base and a US Miitary Bomber plant. The B36 bomber, b47 bomber, annd now fighters are being built here.
    Various aircraft are based at Cardwell now. During the cold war it hosted a very large fleet of B52 bombers. It is on the West side of Ft Worth. Runway runs North South. North end eds in Lake Worth. At present 100 % security check on all vehicles and persons. It has a very good AAFEES run Commisary and PX. Very easy to reach off of I-30.

Comment

Carswell AF Base

Originally posted by Crazy Joe
      Hi Ya'll

Does anyone have any idea how far it is from Billy Bob's/Fort Worth to the old Carswell Air Force Base (JRB/Fort Worth NAS) ? On static display there is UH-34D 148764 which I last flew on 4 July 1968 with HMM-363 (got shot that day sitting in the right seat). Would like to pay my respects to the old girl. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Semper FI.

"Crazy Joe" Scholle
      HMM-363
      Billy Bob's is no more than 5 miles to the west from the old Carswell AF Base. Depending on inner city traffic probably take you 15 minutes by car to get there. Phill Shorter HMM-161 (I live in Keller a suburb of Ft. Worth).

Comment

Working...
      X