Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

V-22 in Theatre

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V-22 crash

Walt, I've posted the report 2 days ago. I'll post again in a bit. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

All the luck

I agree Lurch, but it'll be a weird Squadron if you ask me. I wish her all the luck she can find, as she will need it. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Qualified

I met some people in the Corps I didn't think should be allowed to lead a pig to slop, ( including myself ) and you're right that medals aren't enough !, but She is a Marine and has lots of Marines in the unit She commands for her and their sake I'm Praying for her success! Politics be damned they ALL need All the help they can get ! SEMPER FI ! kc
        non illigitimus carborundumMAF gripe ... deadbugs on windshield...action taken...R&R with live bugs!

Comment

Qualified

Lurch, Gentlemen, i just do not believe they could do half the missions we did in 'Nam. Thats right, she will need all the help and luck, and intelligence she can fine, but don't believe it'll be enough. Hope so, BUT....!Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
          Last edited by Ace Hunt; 12-19-2010, 20:03. Reason: correected

Comment

Weird ???

It'll make the Twilight zone look like Ozzie and Harriet !
            non illigitimus carborundumMAF gripe ... deadbugs on windshield...action taken...R&R with live bugs!

Comment

Female or Male as CO

John Ace Hunt
              NOTAM Honcho

5 air medals, CAR, and EGA
              None of those qualify anyone to be CO of a Helicopter Squadron. Its just politics as usual. Glad I don't have to be in it. Which squadron will have the first homo Co, a woman at that?

Ace,

I have a nephew who is gay and I work in an environment where there are gays also working.

I don't necessary approve of their choice of sexuality, but as in Vietnam, when it came to leaving in the middle of the night to pick up a Med-e-vac or having some grunt risking his life to protect myself and crew if we were shot down in a hot zone, I could not care one iota what the hell their color was, what they thought about their sexual orientation or how they looked.

As long as they did their job and I did mine, that what counts!! There's too much crap going on in the world today to sweat the small stuff. It is a little disturbing that there are so many narrow minded people.

S/F Gary Alls
              HMM-263 '66-'67

Comment

Twilight zone

I bet a lot of the Crewmen will be wishing they were in the twilight zone soon. How long will it be before there has to be a homo CO of a V-22 Squadron? Just real political correct,huh. Not with me or my Son, or any of my Family. Period. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Ooocchhhh

I dink ah yesst bit ma tongue auff !!!

Comment

Ooocchhhh

Hate that Lurch. I just remember what queers did to Brother Marines in Memphis going to school in '66, and I hope every one of them chocks on a salami. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

narrow minded people

Well. Glad I'm narrow minded. You believe in the Bible? Bet there were not very many homo's in Vietnam for that matter. If so not many came home. If one of my kids had ever became homo, I would have taken them out in the woods, and knocked their heads against a tree stump. Put them out of their missery right then and there. The Marines that were messed up by them in Memphis in '66 I bet never had sex again. We hunted them down, or tried to, but they figured us out, and stayed away from us. Still love them. You will now have all the chance in the world to love them. A Man that can not raise nothing but homos needs to be fixed, so he can not ruin the world anymore. Believe Drs have said its a reflection of the parents. Put that in your smoke and pipe it. I just hate that so many will be put out on disability because when they get knocked in the head, they will be drawing a big Service Connected check, and still popping slami's. They will over turn the DADT sooner than you will believe, just for that reason. How did you get your Service Connection?, well, I tried to swallow the whole thang......Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

More on the Air Force CV-22 Crash

There is more posted at V-22 OSPERY. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Originally posted by John Ace Hunt View Post
                          None of those qualify anyone to be CO of a Helicopter Squadron. Its just politics as usual.
                          Ace,

I wasn't implying it qualified her. I'm just saying as a sister Marine I wish her the best. It may be politics but, she could actually be a fine Marine who earned it. I pray for all of our Marines, regardless of gender, including both my sons. Semper Fi, Jim

Comment

qualifications

Jim, I wish her well as you do. I know there are a Great number of Lt.Cols., and Full Birds that are as, or more qualified as she is. I'm sure she can fly one, but soon there will have to be a woman CO on ships, Submarines, Test Pilots, Wings, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Air Force one Pilots, most likely B-52 Pilots already, and other positions just because of being a woman. TIME IN GRADE is the Factor, not gender. If they have the time in grade over a man, thats Great. Don't believe thats the case. Its called hesitation, very big chance of it happening, then all are dead. I say to heck with it, as I don't care anymore. I don't have to fly with them. Strap a monkey in the seat, it'll learn. Seems to be one in the cic's chair. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
                            Last edited by Ace Hunt; 12-20-2010, 19:50. Reason: added.

Comment

V-22

Ace,
                              Mark Twain once said, "There is nothing more ignorant as an educated man off his specialty." Now really, what do you really know about the V-22?
                              Give me a break.

Comment

V-22

Well, this ignorant person, knows its an over priced, over promoted, 30 years in the making, defensless, boon-doggle piece of aluminum, and composite. This last crash, if it had been a 46 with engine loss, the Pilot could have pulled up on the collective, and jumped the ditch, and he would not have even had to do a roll on landing in the 1st place. The Crew Chief could have told the Pilot to do an orbit, and landed elsewhere. For the price of 1- 22 there could be at least 40- 46's replace it. The 46 is maybe 2.5 million, and the 22 is well over 88-89 million PER unit. I may safely say there has been less men Killed in 46's since 2000, than the 22, by about 11 Men. I know just about as much as most people know about it. It CAN-NOT auto-rotate, Hover on the ramp, float as long as a 46, or even come close to doing a Button-Hook. It certainly can not get in and out of a zone in less than 30 seconds, the 46 can. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
                                X