Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Trying to find Marine on HMM361 1967

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find Marine on HMM361 1967

A friend asked me to see what I could do to locate anyone with info on this Marine: John Elkins

My name is Russell Elkins. I am currently a Police Officer II with the Los Angeles Police Department's Northeast division. I am the son of Police Officer II John Elkins #16580 (class of 12/28/1970). On 02/05/1997 at approximately 1030 hours, my father (off duty) was killed by a family member that I did not have contact with. My father was still an active Police Officer with over 26 years on the job at the time of his death. My father was also a United States Marine (service number 090853) in the Vietnam war who was assigned to Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 361. The reason I am writing to you, is to see if you may know anyone who may have photographs or stories of my father during his time as a Police Officer and/or military service. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Russell Elkins #37626
    909-561-2141
    elkins0520@gmail.com

If you can help please contact Russell above.

thanks
    Wayne Cook
    MSgt USMCR (ret)
    MAG11, 67
Working...
X