Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Stationed East Or West?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationed East Or West?

Hey im Pfc Hanohano, student here at CNATT ready to head over to 303 for CMT... 6174 november crewchief.. I was just wondering if anybody knows kinda where us November guys will end up... Either Pendleton or New River? Word on the street is everybody here on Pendleton are switchin over to the Yankees so there sendin all us old model guys to NC.. any truth in that? thanks

East or West?

Hanohano,
    You'll end up going where they need you an the time. I was an East coast guy and requested New River after Viet Nam, figuring it would be a slam dunk for a CH-46 guy and I'd be close to home...Guess what? I was sent to LTA Santa Ana/Tustin. I was pissed at the time, but it turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. Either way you'll serve with good Marines. Just salute and say Aye-aye sir!
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

The plan that I read last year was west coast would retire the Novembers 2012 and east coast 2014. All is dependent on Y deliveries and if the moon and stars align

Skids forever
      Slick

Comment

yeah but 2012 is two years though.... and HMLA-167 and 269 im pretty sure are already switchin over.... who knows... ill just go with the flow

Comment

yeah I mean I have no issue with east or west coast.. the only huey squadrons are in new river and camp pen, just would kinda be nice to know where I'm goin y'know? noone ever tells us anything around here, but it is the Marine Corps.

Thanks guys

Comment

Mushroom

Home is where the Marine Corps sends you. At least that's what it says on a plaque I have.
            Slick

Comment

New squadron at cherry point

There is a new squadron at Cherry Point now HMLA-467 Stood up last year Along with a new 53 squadron. Bill McMillian

Comment

do you know if theyre stickin novembers or yankees out there?

Comment

hueys

Does anyone know what sqdr. are in Afganistan and do you have a contact addres? Want to send boxes to front line units.

Clear to turn sir.

Comment

do you know if theyre stickin novembers or yankees out there?
                    467 has N's now.

According to the latest Aviation Plan, this is the East Coast transition schedule:
                    HML/A-567 activates FY2011 with UH-1N/AH-1W; starts transition to Y's during 1st Qtr FY 2012.
                    HML/A-467 transitions 1st Qtr FY2013.
                    HML/A-167 starts transition 4th Qtr 2013.
                    HML/A-269 starts transition 1st Qtr FY 2014.
                    First East Coast squadron starts transition at the same time as last West Coast squadron (HMLA-469).

Comment

Hmla-467

Built the squadron with novembers and wiskies in July. Not sure when they will transition. Pendleton seems to have first choice since the training command has the aircraft. Bill McMillian

Comment

they tell you where to go

what to do , what color, and how much ! just what Joe Reed and Slick said ! s/f Marine and God speed !
                        non illigitimus carborundumMAF gripe ... deadbugs on windshield...action taken...R&R with live bugs!

Comment

Anywhere they send you is good when you're with other Marines; just different scenery to fly over. Stick around long enough and you'll see it all.

Comment

All Good !!

Looking back over the years : East Coast, West Coast, Korea, Japan, Vietnam ,PI, etc . All my favorite !! Good Units & good Marines, couldnt be better !! Enjoy ! SF PM

Comment

yep

thats true. keep the faith !
                              non illigitimus carborundumMAF gripe ... deadbugs on windshield...action taken...R&R with live bugs!

Comment

Working...
                              X