Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Marine Corp Chinook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll on Foxes!!

Keep on bein' Foxes!! I loved the slogan in RVN and even more today! Go Foxes!!
    Thanks Stephanie!!
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Being a proud 'Give a Shit' and HMM-364 Marine, we flew 34's in the RVN in 1966.

I still prefer the 46's.

Comment

Rock on!

Originally posted by CorpsmanKid View Post
        The SgtMaj of the Foxes asked me to post this picture for him, so all could see.
        That is awesome! I love the guy giving the rocker sign out the window!

I was a medic in the NZ Army for 6 years and although New Zealand didn't have much to do with desert storm I was kept busy with a trip to Bosnia in 93-94.

I'm going to have to pick up a copy of that book....it looks right up my alley and I hope it writing it has found you some of the answers you were looking for.

Thanks Stephanie

Comment

Since your mate says that he saw our motto in black, he was looking at the skipper's aircraft - modex 00, buno 154853. The old girl just logged 12000 hours not too long ago....

Comment

Cool

Originally posted by Foghorn View Post
            Since your mate says that he saw our motto in black, he was looking at the skipper's aircraft - modex 00, buno 154853. The old girl just logged 12000 hours not too long ago....
            Thanks for the additional info Foghorn, I love being able to drop this kind of stuff on him hahaha!

I have attached a picture he sent me this morning. The funniest bit is he isn't an operative and has never had military training. He is there as a computer geek in charge of mapping the terrain and has been given a weapon...scary stuff
            Attached Files

Comment

Yk-00?

FOghorn,
              Take a look at the photo again. Looks like # 13 to me. Maybe ALL of the YK a/c have it in black these days?
              Semper Fidelis
              Joe

Phu Bai tower:
              YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
              Remember, These are "A" models!
              YW-11 BuNo-151939
              '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

The aircraft in the photo is modex 13 (buno 157670) - the lettering is in dark gray (subdued) per applicable NAVAIR directives.

Each squadron is allowed one "in-color" aircraft, where the modex, squadron logos and other U.S. markings can be in color vice subdued in dark gray. Being that the original question referenced an aircraft with the lettering in black, he must have seen the skipper's plane and not the one in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by CorpsmanKid View Post
                  The SgtMaj of the Foxes asked me to post this picture for him, so all could see.
                  HMM161 CC here, what is behind the nose gear? Looks like a panel that has an antenna on it.

Cool Pic, I flew with the foxes in 1997-8

The HMM161 hell hole pic I remember had a fat elvis on it, AC14..sorry no buno 5512?

Semper Gumby!

Comment

USMC Chinook?

The picture in the responses was a US Army "Sh**hook."
                    The uniform has got to be US Army...
                    Maybe your "mate" just wished he was a US Marine...
                    Hooper
                    Last edited by accs; 06-06-2009, 00:12.

Comment

purple shaft command

beneath the spanding rotor blades a helicopter stands. two under powered engines,six blades like rubber bands. oh how i hate boeing vertol ,devinci 's on my list, if they 'd have kept their big mouths shut, this mess i might 've missed.now you don't need a parachute ,you don't need a brain, in fact to fly these monsters it helps to be insane.but i am young and i am strong and well in demand,cause i'm a helicopter mech in the purple shaft command!!! sorry don,t remember the name of the tune it was sung to! semper fi to the purple foxes.several of their members tought me alot,besides their songs.
                      Last edited by lurch; 08-05-2009, 11:39. Reason: remembered a missing verse
                      non illigitimus carborundumMAF gripe ... deadbugs on windshield...action taken...R&R with live bugs!

Comment

Working...
                      X